Monday, November 22, 2010

Cheesy Grins, Forgetfulness, and Love

I love Baby Girl's cheesy grin.  She squints up her eyes and grins really big and just cracks me up.  I love the way she asks me to kiss the booboo that she's had for a week and then says, "Tank you, Mommy," in her serious, pitiful voice as she cocks her head to the side.  I love her sweet, tempting "Seep wis me," as I tuck her into bed.  And I love that she goes down her indoor slide head-first in her pink tutu.



I love The Stinker's forgetfulness.  I love that he can be cleaning up the dishes from dinner and completely forget what he's doing because his little sister has done something to make him laugh, and he's enjoying her.  I love how he sings Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas songs at the top of his lungs as he works on his art projects.  I love how he runs to the piano every chance he gets to practice "Deck the Halls" and "Shout to the Lord."  I love that he likes to play board games and appreciates the comics and isn't too big to be silly with his sister.



I love The Thinker's inquisitiveness.  I love that he thinks so much about life.  And I love that he has so much to share that he can't keep it inside and just must speak about it all as soon as he can about whatever he can think of.  Whew!  Even when it wears me out.  I love that he loves books, like me.  And sports, like his dad.  I love watching him mature and learn and grow more and more into the man he will become.  I love seeing him making strides to control his temper and show patience toward his brother.



I love them.  They are my children.

Our Abba Father loves us like that.  He knows our sitting down and our going about.  He knows our thoughts.  He knows our prayers before we ask.  He knows those individual things about us -- our habits, gestures, facial expressions, and attitudes. 

He knows how I lose car keys every other month and at least two pairs of sunglasses a year.  He knows how I struggle with anxiety, and how weary I can get.  He knows how a beautiful sunrise just makes my day. 

And I still ponder that He is mindful of me.  And not just mindful . . . but that He loves me.  He really loves me . . . like I love them. 

And much, much more.

“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."  Jeremiah 31:3

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"  1 John 3:1

Treasure His lavish, everlasting, Fatherly love.

He loves you -- cheesy grin, forgetfulness and all.




holy experience


Because I don't want to forget Gifts #431-456

cheesy grins

The Stinker's love for Christmas songs

The Thinker's maturity

youth basketball

The Thinker's first game (and he leading scorer!)

my husband's help when I'm sick

my parent's help when I'm sick

not having to go to the grocery store this week

hot showers

doctors and nurses

a good Sunday School lesson and discussion

hot coffee

sitting by my mom in church

a spagetti dinner at my parent's

a warm home

oodles of hand-knit scarves

Baby Girl's first haircut (adorable and without tears!)

The Stinker's cheerfulness as he works

watching Baby Girl dance with her daddy

my piano

the ability to play

the parents who paid for lessons

the one who patiently taught me for five years

the gift of music from my heart through my fingers

holiday celebrations

my Abba Father -- I just love Him



Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

OH my goodness that grin is spectacular!! How can you not laugh and be happy when you see that!

alison said...

first of all...you have beautiful children. and it sounds like they are beautiful through and through! have "the thinker" send me a little bit of his patience!!

MamaMonki said...

Beautiful post. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gabe said...

there is something about being a mom that truly brings home just how much our Abba Father loves us. . .when I think how much I love my children, it is staggering to imagine that God loves us even more!

Shosannah said...

Her smile is beyond precious!
Many Blessings ~

Claudia said...

thanks for this ..such true words, they really touched my heart..and your children are lovely

Susannah said...

Blessings all! Wonderful, wonderful portraits. ღ

Michelle said...

Beautiful post! (And children!) That smile is something! Just love it!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a good post. I hope we can all remember that if Christ is our Savior, we have access to the Father, just as your children have access to you, and as you said, He loves us EVEN MORE!!!

Janis Van Keuren said...

How precious! I love your thoughts and your list. So full of love!

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving,
Janis

Sharon said...

Here's another one I love:

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" (Psalm 139:16-17)

THAT is good stuff!

He loves me - cheesy grin and all!

GOD BLESS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails