Wednesday, March 3, 2010

She Works With Eager Hands

When I think of my mom, pictures pop into my mind.

Mom weeding her flowerbeds.
Mom washing the dishes.
Mom ironing.
Mom playing Sorry! with the boys.
And above all . . . Mom knitting.

She truly exemplifies that Proverbs 31 woman who “works with eager hands.” I am often the recipient of the work of her hands, as is Baby Girl. She and I now have an arsenal of scarves to ward off the winter chill . . .



or wear around the house when we’re feeling especially Princess-like.




My mom has also made stacks of sweaters . . .



including this precious heirloom sweater for Baby Girl.



Plus, she’s knit oodles of stockings (the Christmas kind) for friends, family and other people in our community. She is truly talented. But I’m most proud of her for the boxes and boxes of sweaters she’s made to ship off to children in need. “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy” (that Proverbs 31 woman again). I tease her about it when she’s working another sweater, asking her if one of those kids is getting something warm and fuzzy when she could be making a fabulous gift for, well . . . moi. (Grin.)

But mom knits on.



In this way (and others), she is much like our Creator who shaped this beautiful Earth and continues to create new life each day. As a matter of fact, He’s still busy with His own knitting – forming precious little ones together in their mothers’ wombs. He creates us for His pleasure and provides for us in our need, and in so doing sends affection that stirs our hearts and binds us to Him. Stitch by satisfying stitch, my mom, like her Father, fashions love that will warm an impoverished child and may point them to the One who will say to them, “You are the work of my hands.”

Let’s be like my mom and remember those in need today.

Go bless.



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Andy and Jenn said...

So beautiful, I love this!

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

I love these pictures of your mom's handy work!!! A Proverbs 31 woman!!! Beautiful! That heirloom sweater for your daughter is truly priceless~!!

Much Love,
Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails