Monday, March 22, 2010

In the Shadow

Shadows.  When I was a child, they frightened me.  Vague shapes fed my wild imagination conjuring terrifying images of monsters, wolves (a strange fear of mine) and other perceived evils.

The valley of the shadow of death seems a dark and lonely place that someday I will face if Jesus tarries.  Vague, yet real.


But what is a shadow but the blocking of light?  And Who is the source of light?  Who IS Light?  If something blocks the Light, doesn't that simply mean that there is Light to be blocked?  His presence is there, even when my spiritual eyes are too dim to see it, even when the Light appears completely thwarted. 

Even the shadows must obey Him.

So "hide me in the shadow of Your wings,"
for in Your shadow, I have nothing to fear. 


For You are with me. 



Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Such Superior Snaps! Thanks so much for sharing. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

OK, Facebook, We're Friends Now...

livinginbetween said...

I wish they were mine, but they aren't, and the link didn't come through! :( They were captured by some talented people at stock.xchang

Kerri said...

SO cool! I love it...proving light exists by its absence!

Hey, thanks for the prayers. Lord knows I need 'em! I signed up for that book reviewing you do. That looks awesome!
Have a great day!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

What a beautiful post! The pictures are amazing, but even better are the wonderful words that are reminders of the truth! Thanks for sharing this today.

gina said...

an interesting thought! And those pics are cool.

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Great reminder. Interesting the juxtaposition.

Ms. Wanda said...

Hi, Thank you for stopping by my site:) I love this post, very thought provoking and the pictures are amazing!

Unknown said...

What amazing shots and message. I love the second shot. Amazing!

livinginbetween said...

I was touched by that second shot too! I want to reiterate that I didn't take the pix.

Some talented people at stock.xchange posted them for use, and I tried to link it, but something failed.

They fit what I was trying to say.

Related Posts with Thumbnails