Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't Mess with Moses!

          Not only did King Solomon
          have seven hundred wives,
          he also had three hundred concubines.
          So was it customary,
          in the month of February,
          for the king to send a thousand valentines?

Welcome to “Writer’s Cramp,” just one of over a hundred fun poems for kids based on stories from the Old Testament of the Bible found in Don't Mess with Moses by Marty Nystrom. Some are hilarious; some are sweet. All are witty. I wish I could be so smart!

I know this is the second book review in a row, but I just had to share this one. My sis saw it in a bookstore a couple of years ago, and we each picked up a copy.  It’s still a favorite at our house. I had to pry it out of my son’s hands to share the poem above with you in honor of Children’s Poetry Day.



While I appreciate the books I read as an adult to keep my mind growing and learning (like the Isaac Newton book I reviewed for BookSneeze), and I love the idea of blogging for free books, I adore children’s books from my library. Maybe it’s because I can understand them without thinking too hard, or maybe it’s for pictures like this that tickle my funny bone:








 
So pick up some children's poetry and relax.  It's the perfect day for that.
Happy Sunday.  Happy Reading.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

MamaMonki said...

I'm going to have to look for that one on Amazon.

Three Fold Cord said...

Thanks for teh book review. It is being put on the "to be purchased list."

Related Posts with Thumbnails