Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pooped: In Need of Power

I was weary of doing good. Dog-tired, exhausted, beat, worn-out, bushed, pooped. I was tired of giving cheerfully, serving joyfully, loving whole-heartedly, forgiving endlessly. My best friend suggested it was the winter blah, and maybe that contributed to it, but I think something else was up.

It’s funny how God starts whispering messages through several sources when we need to hear something. I began to hear a word through my Bible study (Esther), through a book I’m reading (So Long Insecurity), and then a message from a friend of ours who is also a minister. God even put a song (by Rebecca St. James) in my head that I can’t get out:

Crazy to think
that Your holy hands made everything I see.
It’s so hard to believe
that You, the God of creation, say
I’ve got this power in me


Power. My minister friend posed these questions in a sermon recently, “What is your power? What is your source?” And it got me to thinking . . . .

I’m tired because my power source has run dry: me. I’ve been gassing up at an empty tank labeled “Self.” And it’s cost me much: joy, strength, peace, contentment . . . . there’s more, but I’m a little too tired to remember it all. I feel useless and used up – because I am. I need to remember to do what I know I should do – which is to rely on God’s power, so that I can be renewed.  Refreshed.  Refueled.  His supply is limitless.

So please remind me
when I feel useless
that my flesh and bone has more than meets the eye.
Because You burn
like fire within me
and there’s nothing out of reach when I
let Your Spirit loose and be alive.

In me
there is strength to move a mountain.
In me
there is faith to walk on water.
In me
if I just believe
the Way and the Truth and the Life . . .
is in me

“I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomperably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength . . .” Ephesians 1:18 &19

That’s my prayer for me today . . . and each of you. 

Get alone with God.  Power up.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Thanks Miss Glowing Girl. I love this post. May you glow and flow in His power today. Whenever I am weary, it always comes down to me focusing on me. The reason He tells us to die to self. Isn't He so amazing?

Related Posts with Thumbnails