Friday, March 19, 2010

Friendly Friday: How Do You Know?

I've heard it.  I've seen it.  I've felt it. 
It's here. 
And it's wonderful!



Never mind that the forecast shows flurries next week.  Winter will not be back to stay . . . it's just saying goodbye slowly.  But it's definitely goodbye, not hello.


The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning


It's Friendly Friday:  I ask. You answer.   
How do you know that spring is here?

I really want to know!



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that spring is here because my toddler is tugging at my pants begging me to go outside and play with her. She no longer has an interest in Dora or iCarly. She wants to spend time with *me* outside in the *sun*. I swear we haven't seen the sun in 6 months!

It was 67* yesterday, perfect for the park! Today the forecast is SNOW. What?!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

rachelw said...

Here in Florida it usually feels like spring all winter long, but we've had an unusually chilly winter. I know spring is just around the corner, though because we're not having as many cold nights and things are beginning to bloom! I can't wait for it to get here and stay...neither can my kiddos...they've got cabin fever!

MamaMonki said...

I know it's spring because my hubby has finished up the first lawn detail since November (we have a lab) and my little monkey stands at the door and begs to be allowed outside (once we're out there he refuses to come back in to!)

partialemptynester said...

I know, because I can hear my daughter and the rest of the neighborhood kids riding bikes and rollerblading up and down the street AND because I have on adorable green wedges that scream, "Spring is here!!!!" I love my new green shoes...even though I will be donning the rainboots yet again, tomorrow!

Raymonde said...

I found you through SITS and I enjoyed having a look around your blog and your recipe blog.
Have a beautiful Saturday and a Blessed Sunday! xxx
<")>><

a new beginning said...

i just took a pic today of bursting bulbs too...they are everywhere right now and it's so fun. what also makes me know spring's here is that i see the tiny green buds trying to pop out of bushes and trees...love that! birds seem to be singing a happy song too, i must add...my daughter said today, 'mommy, birds singing!' :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails