Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Reminder of Grace

I stepped on something sharp going down the stairs as I was helping Baby Girl maneuver the steps.  It hurt, and I looked down at the offending object so that I could target the person with a few choice words once I found him.  It was my husband's measuring tape. 

As quickly as my anger rose, it deflated.  The tape was there because of grace. 

I glanced up, remembering.



Grace
free unmerited love and favor
good will
blessing
mercy
pardon
reconciliation to God
Christ's righteousness applied to me
Webster's 1828 Dictionary


Grace.  I wanted this hanging in my home to remind me.  Remind me of what I've received.  Remind me of what I need to give.  And need to give more.  And more.


With grace, my husband picked up his tired body and measured and leveled and drilled.
I remember grace, pick up the measuring tape and tuck it away.
With grace, my husband secured a reminder on the wall for me. 
I remember grace and secure my tongue in my mouth.

"What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things."
U2 Song

A wounded foot becomes a reminder of beautiful grace.
A pierced side proves it.

With grace, God leads.
For grace, we follow.  


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

great reminder - Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great post, a very good reminder indeed
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

bubbleboo said...

Stopping by from SITS and I am so pleased I did. This is a beautiful post, and something we could all do well to heed.

The banner is absolutely beautiful, too.

Blessings

Mimi and Tilly said...

A beautiful post. Thank you. Just stopping by from SITS. I hope you have a beautiful day. Sending glitter and smiles, Emma x

Kathleen said...

Happy Saturday Sharefest! What a beautiful post. I'll never forget the day I learned what Grace meant. I was in 7th grade in my youth group and when our minister explained it it Rocked my world!

partialemptynester said...

Awesome post!!! So blessed by your post on a day that I am not typically online! And I LOVE the hanging that your hubby so graciously hung for you :)

Megan said...

AMAZING post!

Much love to you... hope that foot heals quickly!

MamaMonki said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful wall hanging.

Grace is something I've been working on lately - something I fear I don't give enough. Our parent small group is reading "Grace Based Parenting" by Dr. Tim Kimmel right now and it's been an eye opener for me.

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I want one for my wall :)

Simply Sara said...

wow.
your words have so touched my heart.
many times I am quick to judge, quick to get angey, quick to be bitter...but i need to remember grace.

to freely give it just as I have freely received it.
i need to work on giving it more and more. i want to live out of grace. have it be my first reaction.

thank you for this beautiful reminder!
:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post!! So glad I found you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails